The Gaming Event is a NewMR exploration of the context and opportunities created for market research by gaming. The Event has eight great speakers, each of whom will be adding a different perspective to the discussion. In order to make the Event as broad as possible and to maximise questions from the attendees we are limiting the presenters to just ten minutes each, allowing plenty of time for people to ask their questions.
If you want to attend, register at https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/926924726.
The times below are in terms of GMT/London time, the times in brackets are in terms of EST/NewYork, the event runs from 2pm GMT (9am EST) to 5pm GST (midday EST).
2pm GMT (9am EST), Ray Poynter, Introduction
- Erica Ruyle, “Play for a high score”, understanding gaming and gamers
- Stefania Gogna, “Game On!”, a semiotician’s view of gaming and MR
- Betty Adamou, “Research Through Gaming”, opportunities for change
- Jon Puleston, “Game Theory”, using gaming to improve online surveys
3:30 GMT (10:30 EST) Comfort break
3:50 GMT (10:50 EST), Ray Poynter, Resume session
- Arthur Fletcher, “Let’s all play the game”, applying game playing to qualitative research
- Nigel Legg, “Trust, Identity, Reach and Reward”, the implications of social media
- Leonard Murphy, “Mobile social games for market research”, challenging boundaries
- Jeffrey Henning, “Prediction markets for fun and prophet”, putting gaming to work
5:25 GMT (12:25pm EST), Ray Poynter, Closing comments
5:30 GMT (12:30pm EST), End of Event
Accessing the slides and recordings
We will be making copies of the presentation and of the recordings available from the NewMR.org website, they should be there by about 28th January.
The Twitter back-channel
As well as asking question using the built in question facility in the event we invite everybody to follow the broader discussion by using the #NewMR hashtag.