Wow! What a week it was. If you were able to catch the events of last week, especially the 22 hour Main Stage Webinar, I am sure you would have found it fun, engaging, and thought provoking (if you did attend the webinar you should have receive a link and password to allow you to access the slides and the recordings of the presentations).
Other key highlights included
The winning Poster by Tanvi Gupta
The winning video by Alison Macleod
Last two events from the Festival
Two items have been carried over from last week.
Nigel Legg’s Webinar on the buzz about NewMR. Nigel Legg conducted a study measuring the discourse about NewMR (click HERE). Nigel had planned to produce a webinar last week to talk about his findings, but due to technical problem this was not possible, so he will now be holding his webinar at 3pm (GMT/London) Wednesday 15 December. You can sign up to the webinar HERE.
The HOSMR Website. The handbook of Online and Social Media Research was published in August, but it was mostly written about a year ago and parts of it of getting out of date. Therefore I am launching a website (HOSMR.com) to complement the book. I will be holding a webinar to explore the best way to develop the webisite at 3:30pm (GMT/London) Thursday 16 December. You can sign up to my webinar by clicking HERE.
We are currently conducting the post event survey and engaging in discussions including via the NewMR LinkedIn group.
However, we have made a few decisions already, including:
- There will be a Festival in 2011, and it will last a whole week.
- We are moving the event forwards to avoid the Christmas party rush, the end-of-year crush, and the disappearance from the grid of the US during Thanksgiving week.
- It is likely that the Festival will take place in the week commencing 7 November or 14 November and we are seeking thoughts and suggestion (for example, we have noted that in 2011 Eid al-Adha is on November 6, so the week commencing 14 November may be best).
- The week will include free events, charged for events, and third-party events.
- We will be preparing a pack for potential sponsors over Christmas and we expect to be able to circulate this in January. If you are interested in being involved in sponsoring the 2011 project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The programme will include a mixture of collaboration and design.
- The event will be designed to reach a global audience, with one of the key target groups being people who cannot attend ‘regular’ events.
- The NewMR paradigm is intended to work with existing MR structures, e.g. organisations, groups, and companies. If somebody is already doing something, we don’t need to.
We have created a discussion on NewMR.Org to help define and create the 2011 event, if you’d like to make a comment or suggestion please join us HERE.