A friend of mine with US connections asked for advice about what are the best events in Europe for digital marketing – I guess people like to compare US events (such as ad:tech) with what Europe has to offer.
Although I have some knowledge of marketing events, I would not really call it my strength, so I decided to ask the wisdom of the net, via LinkedIn and other social networks.
Here are the replies I received (I am not in a position to recommend or prioritise them however):
- ad:tech London - http://www.ad-techlondon.co.uk/
- DMEXCO, Cologne (Köln) - http://www.dmexco.de
- Enterprise Social 2.0, Amsterdam - http://kgsglobal.com/2011/01/26/enterprise-social-2-0/
- Etail ,London - http://www.wbresearch.com/etaileurope/home.aspx
- Future of Web Apps, London - http://futureofwebapps.com/london-2010/
- Le Web, Paris - http://www.leweb.net/
- Search Engine Strategies, London - http://www.searchenginestrategies.com/london/
shop.org was also recommended, but I could not find a major European event being held (their US Summit in Texas looks great), and if anybody is in Ireland the Online Marketing Show got a mention.
With thanks to all those who replied or contributed, including:
- Alex Bloemendal
- Jasper Kim
- Mark Nicholson
- Darren Mark Noyce
- Charlene Putney
Plus leads and support from others.
If you know of others, feel free to add a comment to this post